Welcome Home Warriors
- We prepare “Goodie bags & boxes” for distribution to our returning Warriors as they arrive at BWI airport
- We predetermine the schedule with Operation Welcome Home Maryland (OWHMD)
- We solicit school participation via our Assemblies over a fixed period of time
- We provide the “central collection” of filled goodie bags
- We obtain store-bought and/or pre-packaged/single-serving snacks (cookies, crackers, granola bars, and candy) and ½ liter of bottled water for the goodie bags
- We provide handmade “Thank You” cards from school children (using our grade school participation).
- Our volunteer Knights and non-Knights go to BWI airport on the scheduled day and “Welcome Home Our Warriors” back to the U.S.